We are a unique experience in lodging. Here are some important things you should know.
– See Room, Rates and Availability to find your preferred room.
– See Facilities + Communal dinner for additional important information.
– We check our email infoatdeerislehostel.com about twice a day and it’s the best way to make a reservation. You may also call 207-348-2308, especially when more urgent.
– Please make sure we have phone number for you in case we need to reach you.
– Advanced reservations require full payment. We will send you an invoice via email and you may pay with your card via PayPal or sending us a check.
– Our cancellation policy: Full refund, minus a 10% booking fee, if you cancel up to seven days before the reservation date. No refund after that.
– Please call or email to confirm the day before or morning of your arrival day. We will want to know what time you intend to arrive and if you will be here for dinner. Consider arriving before 6.30 pm to join us! See separate page for more information.
– Check in is from 4:30 to 9:00 pm. Please do your best to help us limit our working hours by planning accordingly. If you really can’t make it in time, let us know and we’ll do our best to work something out.
– Maine state law requires a valid photo ID at check in.
– You will be required to sign a waiver releasing the Hostel from all liability upon check in.
– We have t-shirts, Anneli’s book and coffee for sale at the Hostel. Please consider bringing cash for those things.
– We provide locally roasted coffee in the morning, otherwise bring your own food if you like to have breakfast and/or lunch here.
– We provide clean bed sheets, pillows, pillowcases and blankets. Due to the risk of bedbugs, we can not
allow sleeping bags to be used.
– There is a limit of five nights stay, requests for longer visits may be considered by the manager.
– Everyone is expected to keep things clean, including making beds, sweeping the floor, doing dishes, fetching water etc.
– We don´t mind if you have a beer or a glass of wine, but we do not allow intoxication. If you have too
much to drink at the Hostel you will be asked to leave.
– Even though we love pets, you can not bring them to the Hostel.
– Please be respectful and quiet in the bed rooms.
– Musical instruments are most welcome, but cellphones, laptops and tablets are discouraged around staff and other guests. We are here to get away from all that.