We are a unique experience in lodging. Here are some important things you should know.
– See Room, Rates and Availability to find your preferred room.
– See Facilities + Communal dinner for additional important information.
– We check our email infoatdeerislehostel.com about twice a day and it’s the best way to make a reservation. You may also call 207-348-2308, especially when more urgent.
– We will need to know how many guests the booking is for, and, if you bring kids how old they are. Please specify #of nights/departure date. Make sure we have a phone number for you just in case we need to reach you.
– Advanced reservations require full payment. We will send you a PayPal invoice via email which is easy to pay with a card. You do not need a PayPal account to pay the invoice.
– Our cancellation policy: Full refund, minus a 10% booking fee, if you cancel up to seven days before the reservation date. No refund after that.
– Please call or email to confirm the day before or morning of your arrival day. We will want to know what time you intend to arrive and if you will be here for dinner. Consider arriving before 6.30 pm to join us! See separate page for more information.
– Check in is from 4:30 to 9:00 pm. Please plan accordingly. If you really can’t make it in time, let us know and we’ll do our best to work something out.
– Maine state law requires a valid photo ID at check in.
– You will be required to sign a waiver releasing the Hostel from all liability upon check in. Signing this will also confirm that you have read, understood and will comply with our Covid-19 guidelines.
– We have t-shirts, Anneli’s book, hiking maps, etc for sale at the Hostel. We can not take card payments on sight, so bring cash for these purchases.
– We provide locally roasted coffee in the morning ($1 cash). Bring your own food for breakfast and/or lunch.
– We don´t mind if you have a beer or a glass of wine, but we do not allow intoxication. Please only bring alcohol for your own consumption. No liquor. If you have too much to drink at the Hostel you will be asked to leave.
– We provide clean bed sheets, pillows, pillowcases and blankets. Due to the risk of bedbugs, we can not allow private bedding or sleeping bags to be used.
– There is a limit of five nights stay, requests for longer visits may be considered by the manager.
– We ask everyone to remake their bed for the next guest and sweep the room upon departure.
– Even though we love pets, you can not bring them to the Hostel.
– Musical instruments are most welcome, but cellphones, laptops and tablets are discouraged in the communal areas (taking photos is fine). We are here to get away from all that.